Going Bananas!

Reaction score
Ok, so I love a good bargain. My Favorite grocery store had Bananas on clearance for a ridiculously cheap price and I couldn't resist buying them. A lot of them. So now I have ton's of Bananas and I would like some creative recipe ideas. Besides basic Banana Bread and Muffins, are there any other recipes that I could try?

Reaction score
Smoothies?

Other than that, did you know you can freeze bananas? That would take the pressure out of using them up.

Freeze bananas that are already ripe, and peel them first. Place them on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and freeze like that, before wrapping in plastic. If you freeze them together straight away they'll never come unstuck again.

They will last in the freezer for several months. Just take out and use what you need.

Reaction score
Smoothies?

Other than that, did you know you can freeze bananas? That would take the pressure out of using them up.

Freeze bananas that are already ripe, and peel them first. Place them on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and freeze like that, before wrapping in plastic. If you freeze them together straight away they'll never come unstuck again.

They will last in the freezer for several months. Just take out and use what you need.

That is great to know! I have about nine bananas left over from 15 that I bought, and after banana bread, peanut butter and banana, and banana pancakes, I'm ready for a break :D

Reaction score
Smoothies?

What a great idea! I did try to freeze a batch a while ago, but they ended up a frozen mess.Freezing them separately on freezer paper first makes soo much sense, and I can save them for later. And I'm with you too zlemune, I am ready for a banana break too :), so it's nice to know the rest can be frozen.

Reaction score
Had a giant smoothie and froze the rest. So glad to have that option, and now it will be even easier to turn them into smoothies when I want them, since they'll already be frozen! :D

Reaction score
I didn't know you could freeze bananas! Thank you for that suggestion!
I was going to say, have a banana split!! :)

Reaction score
You could also take those frozen banana pieces and dip them in some melted dark chocolate. Perhaps sprinkle them with some chopped walnuts as well. You could also make a batter and deep fry them, then serve with ice cream and sprinkle with some powdered sugar - perhaps some chocolate or strawberry syrup over them too.

Ask a Question