Graham crackers

Reaction score
I live in the UK, whenever a recipe calls for Graham crackers it does confuse me. Are Graham crackers same as digestive biscuits that we get in the UK? Please help as I ignore recipes if I see the words Graham crackers!

Reaction score
I am not sure. What is the texture of digestive biscuits? I have seen them in stores, but never had one.

Graham crackers are pretty refined, they really stick in your teeth when you eat them plain and you usually have to eat something else afterward to get it off without using your fingers. They taste good when made into a pie crust, but I would not recommend eating this if you have a better alternative.

Reaction score
I've only had the digestive crackers you're talking about once, but I definitely think it's different. The graham crackers in the US is a lot finer and breaks a lot easier, plus it's usually a lot sweeter. It's used mostly in desserts for pie crust or s'mores, and sometimes you can use it to mix with yogurt to have a low-calorie snack.

Reaction score
I have tried both and I would say digestive biscuits are usually thicker and stick in your mouth. On the other hand, crackers are much thinner, not as sticky and create a cracking sound when you eat it.

Reaction score
I need to try Graham crackers if I can get hold of them here so I know what you guys mean exactly.

Reaction score
I think the bisuits are much more tough and crunchy than a graham cracker. A graham cracker brwaks apart easilly and gets soft very fast when muxed with l a liquid. They are delicious, but they are crumbly and messy to eat if they are not used as a baked good ingredient.

Reaction score
We always use graham crackers to make our refrigerated cake. We make different varieties like mango, peaches, pineapple with cashew nuts as toppings. Sometimes the fruit cocktail in can is the one we are using. Our family likes this kind of recipe for Graham crackers especially the kids. While the crushed graham crackers is the one we are also using as crust when we are making our no bake blueberry cheesecake which is also a delicious recipe for graham crackers.

Reaction score
I have no choice but to use digestive biscuits, those work just fine. Specially if I'm looking to make the crust of a pie or the cookies for a lemon dessert. They works just fine, of course the taste might vary a little bit, but so what? Most people won't even know the difference.

Ask a Question