Grain free chocolate chip cookie

Discussion in 'Gluten Free Baking' started by Colette Chandler, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Colette Chandler

Colette Chandler New Member

I am trying to create a recipe for a grain and nut free chocolate chip cookie. The cookierecipes I have tried with chickpea flour seem to taste beany. Any suggestions?

Colette Chandler, Sep 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Colette Chandler

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

If you consider coconut a "nut", then the only way to go grain and nut free is starches (e.g., tapioca starch, potato starch, cornstarch, arrowroot), bean flours, or cassava flour.

Unfortunately, they all make totally unappetizing cookies.

Norcalbaker59, Sep 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Colette Chandler

Apocalypso Well-Known Member

Are oats an objectionable grain? Just in case you were only avoiding wheats. I've seen three ingredient cookie recipes using oats, bananas and chocolate chips, and peanut butter/sugar/egg. Given that the peanut is technically a legume, but one which many have allergies to, that might rule it out too. A some point I'd just eat chocolate solo and scrap the cookie idea if I had to leave out any grain product (flour, corn starch, oats) and nuts. Maybe you could manage something out of mashed potatoes?

Apocalypso, Sep 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question