Recommendations for a durable rotary grater

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good rotary grater? I know most people just use the ordinary flat ones but I hate them! I always manage to grate my knuckles! My parents have a great rotary grater but there's no brand name on it. I've bought two different ones in the last few months but they both broke! Any recommendations?

Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of rotary graters. Food tends to get stuck in round parts and they can be difficult to clean. Have you tried using a grater with a gaurd or a safty glove?

Reaction score
I just use the plain good old flat grater as a matter of fact i don't own a rotary grater...i usually take my time and pay keen attention whenever i am using the flat grater to prevent cut and bruises.

Reaction score
I have a Salad Shooter that I use to grate everything and I love it. I got mine from ebay for next to nothing and I use it several times a week for grating cheese for tacos, salads, ect and for grating carrots for carrot cake and bread. I also grate zucchini for quick bread and for anything else that calls for grating. I have no trouble cleaning it and it is fast and efficient with very little waste,,, in fact the little piece of cheese or carrot that is left, I just pop into my mouth or give to my little dog who always sits at my feet hoping for a bite!

Reaction score
I have a Salad Shooter that I use to grate everything and I love it. I got mine from ebay for next to nothing and I use it several times a week for grating cheese for tacos, salads, ect and for grating carrots for carrot cake and bread. I also grate zucchini for quick bread and for anything else that calls for grating. I have no trouble cleaning it and it is fast and efficient with very little waste,,, in fact the little piece of cheese or carrot that is left, I just pop into my mouth or give to my little dog who always sits at my feet hoping for a bite!

I had a salad shooter, but one of the pieces went missing when we moved. I can't use it now, which makes me sad. It was the best thing ever. I can't even find them any more. Why would they stop making something so great? I will have to look on Ebay for one, so thanks for that. I would love to have another one. So, so handy.

Reaction score
Have you tried the ones from IKEA? I know they have a bad rep, but I bought a great rotary grater at one of their stores 2 years ago and still have it. Perhaps you might want to give that one a try? You lose nothing by taking a look :)

Ask a Question