Greek Wedding Cookies as Wedding favors

Reaction score
My daughter is getting married in NC next weekend. We live in Florida. We are giving greek wedding cookies (kourambiethes) as favors to our guests. Purchased white little boxes (4 x 4 x 3 high) to pack them in. So my question is this.... we are making the cookies in Florida before we leave which is 5 days before the wedding. We were going to pack them in airtight tins and then pack them in the favor boxes once we get there. Put pretty little stickers and tie up with a bow. Will the cookies stay fresh in the favor boxes once we pack them? They won't be totally airtight because of the box not being totally sealed? Also any suggestions on how to pack pretty in the box. I've seen sweets come packed with tissue before. Do you cut it to the size of the box and do you use regular gift tissue or cooking tissue? Could parchment paper or wax paper be used? I want it to have a nice presentation but don't know how to pack them up. Was thinking of putting 8 round shape cookies in the boxes.... placing four individually in little cupcake liners and then placing a cardboard 4 x 4 piece over and then layering four more cookies... seems to work that way okay and I feel thats a good amount to give ... please send me your ideas on packing for freshness and also how to make it all look pretty!!!! Thank you.

Rina
Mother of the Bride

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Rina :)

If you want to keep them fresh for longer then you could perhaps put them in a cellophane bag, fold down the top a few times and secure with a sticker, then put them inside the box. It would keep them fresher than tissue paper would I think, and you could make it part of the presentation. Could work well! How big are the boxes?

Reaction score
That sounds like a nice favor. I haven't been to a wedding in a while, and have never seen that done. I would definitely appreciate having something like that. I tend to use zipper bags for anything I want to increase the lifespan of, but that wouldn't be very pretty. It sounds as if Becky has a nice solution for you, and you might be able to find cellophane bags in the wedding colors at Hobby Lobby or Party City, if that's something you're interested in.

Ask a Question