Green and Chocolate Striped Cookies?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I want to make the the green and chocolate striped cookies in the picture. How do I create the shape and design?
Or, what are these cookies called - searching for "striped cookies" gives me mostly Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies and other stripes similar to checkerboard cookies.

Thanks in advance!

cookies.jpg

Reaction score
Those look like mint humbugs to me! No idea how to make cookies look like that unfortunately :(

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't seen those in many years!

Those are a chocolate and mint cookie. They are made with special gadgets to get the two batters to combine as one. I doubt you would want to invest in special gadgets just to make one type of cookie.

Basically, this is a standard cookie dough recipe, one half of the batter is mixed with green color and mint flavor. The other half, chocolate.

What you can do though, is fill two small pastry bags with the batters, then pipe them vertically into one larger bag. This will give you a sort of striped cookie when piped out onto the cookie sheet, but it won't look like the photo.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't seen those in many years!

Those are a chocolate and mint cookie. They are made with special gadgets to get the two batters to combine as one. I doubt you would want to invest in special gadgets just to make one type of cookie.

Basically, this is a standard cookie dough recipe, one half of the batter is mixed with green color and mint flavor. The other half, chocolate.

What you can do though, is fill two small pastry bags with the batters, then pipe them vertically into one larger bag. This will give you a sort of striped cookie when piped out onto the cookie sheet, but it won't look like the photo.

Hope that helps.

That helps a lot, thanks!

It's true I don't want to buy a gadget just for this. But do you know what the gadget is called? Just in case ;)

I'll give two pastry bags a try - when I get my oven fixed. It sparked all over the place :(

Reaction score
That helps a lot, thanks!

It's true I don't want to buy a gadget just for this. But do you know what the gadget is called? Just in case ;)

I'll give two pastry bags a try - when I get my oven fixed. It sparked all over the place :(

No, it's a factory gadget. One that the factory probably had special made for making cookies to look like that.

I don't know of one on the market that would do anything like that.

Sorry.

Reaction score
No, it's a factory gadget. One that the factory probably had special made for making cookies to look like that.

I don't know of one on the market that would do anything like that.

Sorry.

Got it. Thanks so much!

Ask a Question