Halloween cookies?

Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again...definitely a favorite in our house! Any cool ideas for spooky Halloween treats?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of baking some ghoulish chocolate treats with icing, I can see the kitchen already! Once the kids get in there and start mixing icing and flour its going to be a nightmare:)

Reaction score
I have a friend that makes these awesome little gingerbread bat-shapped cookies. I may have to find something to make and trade for them :)

Reaction score
I usually bake cookies in the shape of pumpkins and draw a little face on them with melted chocolate. It's quite easy to shape a pumpkin, and to get the colour, just put a bit of food-colour. I'm thinking of trying something different this year, maybe I'll challenge myself and try making bats.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone! Some great ideas here :). I have a friend who makes ginger bats as well- I remembering thinking they were so clever and unique initially. I also ran across some "pinata" style Halloween shaped cookies that sound interesting and do-able.

Thanks for the link Zlemune :).

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making pumpkin shaped and colored rice Krispy treats. Carmel apple cookies sound good to but not sure if it'd be of something I could make and it turn out.

Reaction score
Mmm rice krispy treats area great, easy go-to. The caramel apple cookies remind me of a caramel apple cupcake recipe my friend is fond of- he says the cupcake version is deceptively easy, though I'm not sure how the cookies would go. I bet you could pull it off, though :)

Reaction score
I think I am more into candy with Halloween than I am cookies. It is almost like I am trying to save my baking energy for the Christmas season.

Reaction score
Hmm...well it makes sense to a point, we are bombarded with candy and candy themed treats this time of year more than any other, of course. I understand saving up your baking energy ;) I just prefer Halloween to Christmas personally so I use more of mine up in the Fall.

Reaction score
I love the sound of some of these. I used to hate baking cookies and biscuits but this has definitely made me want to try!

Reaction score
I love the colours you can get with icing on Halloween themed things, I made these buns a few years ago:

f520z8.jpg

Ask a Question