Happy Valentine's Day! Did you bake anything special?

Reaction score
Happy Valentine's Day! Did you bake anything special for your loved ones? I made chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes for my family and for my neighbors. It was a special treat to hand them out this morning, and everyone seemed surprised and really enjoyed them.
I also made heart shaped chocolate chip cookie cakes (the big ones) and decorated them with pink and red icing for my two nieces.
In addition, I made sugar cookies for my brothers.
What about you? Did you bake special treats today for Valentine's Day? :)

Reaction score
I didn't bake anything on Valentines day, but I did see a recipe on V-day while watching The Chew that I would love to try out soon. Basically the chef took some pie dough and laid it out on a baking sheet and crimped the edges like a tart then baked it to brown it. He then melted some chocolate and brushed it on the inside of the tart to help seal it off from the next ingredient - a custard filling. After spreading the custard filling over the tart, he then added fresh strawberries in a nice pattern, and topped the whole thing with powdered sugar.

Reaction score
I made red velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting and pink/red sprinkles. They were amazing - especially with the cream cheese frosting. It was simple, because for the rest of the meal I was making copycat Chipotle chicken burritos with rice and salsa which took up most of my cooking time.

Reaction score
I did NOT bake anything on Valentine's Day. The day before, I actually put together a few candy-laden gifts. Then, on the day, I celebrated with loved ones.

Reaction score
I made mini heart shaped pizzas. My first try with the dough was a disaster. I think my water wasn't hot enough, but I bought some more and got a little help, so the second try worked out. The hardest part was getting the dough to keep it's heart shape after I moved in from the counter to the pan. They weren't perfect, but I think the gesture was appreciated :)

Reaction score
I didn't bake anything special, but I took my daughter and dog for a Valentine's Day picnic in the park. It's a tradition that I started when I became a single mom.

Reaction score
Didn't bake anything here either. When the kids were little I used to make heart shaped pancakes in the morning for breakfast!
They loved those!!! LOL! But I don't do it anymore and I'm not sure how I had more time to do that when they were little
vs. now that they are older???? :)
We went out to eat and just ate chocolate chip cookies I made earlier.
We were kind of boring this year!! :)

Reaction score
I didn't, but my girlfriend made me heart-shaped cookies! I felt bad I didn't bake anything, but at least I made dinner. The cookies made for a great dessert.

Reaction score
I made my husband a raspberry cheesecake. It had three ingredients in it: eggs, cream cheese, and sugar. It turned out perfect. I had it all made with a huge pile of raspberries on it. I was so excited for him to see it and he loved it. I always make my husband a cheesecake for Valentine's day just like my mom did for my dad its a nice tradition to have.

Reaction score
Happy (belated) Valentine's Day! My boyfriend set up amateur Masterchef for us and it was a really fun idea! When I was finally allowed to look in the kitchen (he wouldn't tell me what he was doing beforehand) he'd set up two workstations on the kitchen worktop with the same tools and food, and our challenge was to make lots of little side dishes to share. I ended up doing meatballs and he did little burger bites and then we ran out of time, but it was really fun and creative. Would definitely do it again!

Ask a Question