Has anyone tried Bake Shapes for muffin/cake making?

Reaction score
Bake Shapes are molds sold on Quirky.com (love this site!).

Based on the photos and description of these molds, you can pour batter (and other goodies) in them and end up with tasty muffins or cakes. Have you ever used this product? If so, what were the results?

I am thinking of purchasing Bake Shapes, but don't want to waste my money.

IMG_0525.jpg

Reaction score
At first I thought those were just mini silicone bunt trays - but I didn't noticed the metal pans as well. That looks like a rather clever idea - it's more or less like those pre-made shortcakes (which you could probably make in these as well).

The price looks good for them, though I don't think I would pay much more for these. The silicone is the other thing that might concern me a bit. I bought a silicone muffin pan years ago, and most of the stuff I baked in them would frequently get stuck - no matter what I sprayed on them. But since these are only shaping the top, that might not be as big of an issue.

Reaction score
I have never used those. I think they look like a pretty good idea. They're probably worth the price if you think you will use them.

Reaction score
I love cookie cutters, the different shapes you get with them are fun, especially when I was little.
I have heard about silicone trays and molds and they do not last very long, even their handles over time melt. It is quite a shame when you put a lot of effort into a dish or dessert and it gets stuck in your tray. :eek:

Reaction score
Oh my goodness those are so cool ! where ever did you find them ? If i acame acrossed these in the store i think I would have a hardtime passing them up.

Reaction score
Those look really cool! I would probably try them just to see what happens. The only thing I could see being an issue is batter getting stuck in the seams of the top. I guess if you were to spray them down a lot and maybe flour them, it would turn out pretty decent! Don't quote me on the flouring part. I don't use silicone bake-ware so I don't actually know if you flour it or not :)

Reaction score
I used to have this problem and I gave up using silicon moulds because of the problem with sticking. I never figured out how to handle that problem!

Do you grease them more or add vegetable spray? I guess I might also have been doing them wrong since the beginning!

Reaction score
They look like they would be nice, but you should consider how often you are going to use them. If you will use them a lot, I would say good investment. If not, then I would say save your money.

Reaction score
I use these all the time! I have this beautiful rose bake shape that I sometimes use if I want to make my cupcakes a little more presentable. No problems with cooking in them whatsoever. I say go for it and buy some bake shapes!

Reaction score
I never heard of these but they look fathering interesting to bake in. I've not been a fan of silicone because of the sticking, though. Maybe these wouldn't be so bad in that area? Either way, I'd probably pay the price to get these. They are neat.

Reaction score
I used to have this problem and I gave up using silicon moulds because of the problem with sticking. I never figured out how to handle that problem!

Do you grease them more or add vegetable spray? I guess I might also have been doing them wrong since the beginning!
Even though they say that silicone is non stick on its own I have found that you still need to use a coating of vegatable spray.

Ask a Question