Has anyone made Rosettes and/or Timbales?

Reaction score
I've had a Rosette and Timbale set for years, but have never used it. I found a good video that makes it look pretty easy, so if I'm able to clear off the tiny counter space I have in my kitchen and table at the same time, I might be able to finally give them a go this holiday season. Rosettes are basically deep fried shaped cookies, and the timbales are similar to tarts, and are usually filled with cream, custard, chocolate, etc. Here's a video that shows how to use the set.

Attachments

• rosette timbale set.jpg
    rosette timbale set.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 404
Reaction score
I've never seen them myself, but I've often seen those type of kits in cooking/baking stores and wondered exactly what they were used for! Timbales sound right up my alley, I love tarts filled with yummy things (especially custard - delicious!) so maybe I also need to look into getting a set at some point!

Please let us know how you go with it, if you have a chance to give it a try!

Reaction score
I've never seen them myself, but I've often seen those type of kits in cooking/baking stores and wondered exactly what they were used for! Timbales sound right up my alley, I love tarts filled with yummy things (especially custard - delicious!) so maybe I also need to look into getting a set at some point!

Please let us know how you go with it, if you have a chance to give it a try!

I also love custard filled tarts, especially topped with fruit. Hopefully I'll have the time and energy to get them made over the holidays, but that remains to be seen ;).

Reaction score
I also love custard filled tarts, especially topped with fruit. Hopefully I'll have the time and energy to get them made over the holidays, but that remains to be seen ;).

Haha, I hear you about the time and energy part. I have a to-do list that's a mile long, and somehow I just keep adding to the list rather than seeming to check anything off. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year!

Reaction score
Haha, I hear you about the time and energy part. I have a to-do list that's a mile long, and somehow I just keep adding to the list rather than seeming to check anything off. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year!

The first step is always figuring out where I have the items stored. I've accomplished that, found them in the laundry room, which is my backup storage for kitchen devices/appliances/extra pans, etc. Even though I usually store them in bags or plastic bins, I always wash them anyway, because that is also a litter box room, so there's a lot of dust. I really want to make these this year, but I also want to make the ricotta pie.

Ask a Question