Has anyone painted or customized their mixer?

Discussion in 'Baker Banter' started by Soliloquy, May 24, 2013.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Well-Known Member

I noticed this trend a while ago when I was shopping around for a new mixer as a present for my mother. Now that they can buy mixers in many different shades to match their kitchens, people are taking it one step further and painting, adding decals, or otherwise customizing their stand mixers. There are even businesses that do exclusively that. take a look at some examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Boba Fett mixer!)

Soliloquy, May 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Soliloquy

MissDJ Active Member

This thread really tickled me. Now I want to "pimp" my mixer too! :D Maybe I can get Hubby to put running lights on Old Matilda (that's "her" name). Maybe some racing stripes or orange flames on the side would make me feel like a real Boss in the kitchen after a crappy day at work...

MissDJ, May 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Soliloquy

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I haven't done anything like that but I think the examples are really cool.
    If I was going to customize a mixer, it would probably have Hello Kitty or Chococat on it.

ACSAPA, May 26, 2013
  4. Soliloquy

Suplex790 Well-Known Member

That is really quite interesting. I have never thought of doing this before, I suppose it's a great way to match your wallpaper up with your kitchen essentials, that's cool I like it!

Suplex790, May 26, 2013
    Sharzi likes this.
  5. Soliloquy

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member

I have never even thought of doing something like this, but I absolutely LOVE the orange one with the flowers and lace look. I don't think I can paint anywhere near well enough to be able to do something like this, but I might take one of my old blenders and try paining it, just to see how hard it is to do.
    At the very least, a person could maybe get decals and put those on things like mixers and blenders, and make them look nicer.
    Mine are all thrift store or yard sale appliances, plain Jane white ones, so about anything would make them look better than they do right now.
    I will check out the possibilities when I go to Walmart, and get in the craft section.

Happyflowerlady, May 26, 2013
  6. Soliloquy

Becky Administrator

I particularly love the Boba Fett one! :D

Becky, May 27, 2013
  7. Soliloquy

Sage42 Member

This is a really cute idea! Now if only I were even a little bit artistically inclined...If I did it on my own, it would not look nearly as nice, or well thought out as these examples! Great finds!

Sage42, May 29, 2013
  8. Soliloquy

RobynB Active Member

Wow who knew you could customize your mixer, lol, it sounds bizarre and pretty cool.:cool:

RobynB, Feb 25, 2014
  9. Soliloquy

NThomas Well-Known Member

Those mixers are gorgeous! I would never attempt something like this myself. I would hate to ruin my mixer. I have seen some vinyl decals that you can use to customize you mixer. I would love to try some of those , that way if i don't like the look it is easily reversed.

NThomas, Mar 12, 2014
  10. Soliloquy

Bella Well-Known Member

Wow, those mixers are so cool. I have not heard of this trend. I like it, but it would have to be something pretty amazing for me to pay a pretty penny for one. I am artistic, but I can not imagine how I would go about fixing a mixer up.

Bella, Mar 12, 2014
  11. Soliloquy

MStory Member

I don't know that I'd risk painting or putting any decals on my mixer. I'd be concerned that something might chip off and fall into whatever I was mixing! I'm also of the mind-frame that my mixer looks pretty amazing just how it is. It's a 'commanding' small kitchen appliance. It screams, "hey, over here! Let's get baking!"

MStory, Mar 12, 2014
  12. Soliloquy

Sharzi Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful!! Now I want to paint mine. My kitchen is a Southwest decor with dark brown, turquoise, terra cotta, rust and cream. Hmmmm...

Sharzi, Mar 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question