Have You Auditioned for a Cooking Reality Show?

Reaction score
I watch Masterchef often and have considered going on an audition. Yet sometimes I wonder how much of the show is real vs. scripted. Then again, I don't always work well with teams or under pressure. Can anybody give the real scoop?

Reaction score
Ooh! Good question!
I love 'behind the scenes' gossip. There is some good stuff out there if you google 'behind the scenes masterchef.'

Reaction score
If you think you've got the talent then go for it , there's nothing better than experiencing the real thing for yourself then you can tell us what it is really like behind the scene.

Reaction score
This is something I would never do .
I love to cook by I have no intrest in being on camera .
I would not want to deal with the drama of a reality show.

Reaction score
This is something I would never do .
I love to cook by I have no intrest in being on camera .
I would not want to deal with the drama of a reality show.

Aww that's so sad was really looking forward to hear about all the juicy details that comes with being on a reality show.

Reaction score
I like watching those shows, but I don't have the spectacular skills that are called for to cook on a TV show. I cook to feed my kid, not to impress Gordon Ramsay.
I couldn't handle the pressure of being on one of those shows and I find Joe on Masterchef kind of terrifying.

Reaction score
I could not cook or bake under that much pressure, so it would not be for me. I find cooking and baking to be a way to relax and I am satisfied enough that my friends and family like what I prepare.

Reaction score
Don't think I would qualify!!! I like to bake and cook but not if someone was watching or if
I was under pressure. I "melt" under pressure! I like to watch cooking shows too and marvel
that they can talk and cook/bake at the same time all while looking so natural! I would be like
some of the contestants on Foodnetwork Star and totally blow it when I had to improvise!! :0

Reaction score
Don't think I would qualify!!! I like to bake and cook but not if someone was watching or if
I was under pressure. I "melt" under pressure! I like to watch cooking shows too and marvel
that they can talk and cook/bake at the same time all while looking so natural! I would be like
some of the contestants on Foodnetwork Star and totally blow it when I had to improvise!! :0

Hey Mommy42, have you seen the Disgusting Food Ads thread lately? I found some really gross recipes this week that you might find amusing.
Someone needs to make a cooking show where they make these hideous old Jello molds and review the taste of them. There's no way those things taste good.

Reaction score
Haha!! I will go take a look now. :) I did see some chopped episodes where they used leftovers in the baskets. I don't know how someone can be so creative to make something new out of that stuff!

Reaction score
No, I have never thought of trying out for a reality cooking show. I do love to cook, but it's my creative outlet. Cooking under pressure would ruin my joy of cooking. I also don't like the drama that happens behind the scenes. The only reality cooking shows that I like to watch are the Iron Chief and Top Chef.

Reaction score
No way - I love to watch those shows, and despite having a love for baking and cooking, I couldn't do it!

I'm really not a good "under pressure" type cook...if you gave me a timer or a stressful situation and said "bake!!" I would be frazzled!

I like my cooking and baking to be a relaxing thing - not a nerve wracking experience!

Reaction score
Never and i don't tihnk I ever will. I just don't have enough skill for that, I mean, I am good at cooking, but for that kind of contests you need to be at a different level. I just don't. Plus I don't like the idea of participating in one of those shows, I'm pretty sure I'd not satisfy my own expectations.

Reaction score
I like watching those shows, but I don't have the spectacular skills that are called for to cook on a TV show. I cook to feed my kid, not to impress Gordon Ramsay.
I couldn't handle the pressure of being on one of those shows and I find Joe on Masterchef kind of terrifying.
ISn't he?!!? Yet...for some reason...and not my type...but kind of sexy. LOLOLOL:D

If I'd participate in Hell's Kitchen I wouldn't make it very far. I'd probably laugh as soon as Ramsay (whom I love) blew his tops off.:D:D:D

I can bake my butt off but I'm kind of not great at creative recipes other than adding in stuff. I don't really know how to think of strawberry frosting with white wine cupcakes. Well, I just thought of that but I mean in a think on your feet situation like Cupcake Wars.

I can probably do well in Masterchef because I can definitely mix things in with whatever ingredient they give me. I'd fake it. I'd make it look pretty enough to not get chosen bottom but not that great that it may be top and be tasted. LOLOL Then as numbers dwindle I'd get eliminated. LOLOLOL

I guess my show would be America's Worst Cooks. I can fake being horrible and then "learn little by little". Of course, my limited taste buds wouldn't be of help there either.

Reaction score
I'm nowhere near good enough at improvising in the kitchen to be considered for a reality cooking show. If I was, I still wouldn't make it on because I don't have a big enough personality.

I'm a big fan of Cutthroat Kitchen, and that's one of the most down to earth shows, I feel. With shows like Chopped I feel like they set you up with something utterly ridiculous and then still expect you to pull off something amazing. On Cutthroat Kitchen the judges are aware that everyone is set up to fail, so they don't expect miracles, just something that "reminds me of the dish you're supposed to make". Because of that, I think it's a more even playing field for the contestants because rather than needing to show perfect technique and really fancy dishes it all comes down to who can end up with something that tastes good.

Reaction score
I always do love to watch cooking reality shows like the Masterchef. Maybe if I really got the skills, talents and qualities of being a good chef why not? But cooking and baking is only my passion. So I better watch it only than being part of the reality show.

Ask a Question