Have you ever added hot sauce to your brownies?

Reaction score
If you are a lover of hot foods like me, you probably are up for this one. A way to add spice and heat to your brownies is mix in a tablespoon of hot sauce to the batter. The outcome are delicious gooey brownies with a bit of kick.

Hot sauce also works well with other sweets such as caramel (or regular) popcorn. I once went to a specialty store in California that sold mainly hot sauce. They also had a variety of popcorn with hot sauce mixed into the main ingredient. The combinations were delectable.

Reaction score
Adding chili pepper to chocolate is very pre-colonial meso-American, definitely a combination that has been forgotten that I think deserves to be re-popularized.

I sort of prefer cayenne pepper to maybe the longer-lasting-burn types of chilis in combination with chocolate, though.

Reaction score
I love hot sauce and have a small collection of various hot sauces, so I'm game to try it with chocolate. Do you put a specific brand of hot sauce in your brownies?

Reaction score
Never try this before but i do love spicy food and is puts cayenne pepper in almost every dish so i think this one would work for me.

Reaction score
I've never done this before I must admit, but I have been given those chili infused chocolates before. God, never again will I trust any chocolate coming from that friend.

Reaction score
I sometimes add hot sauce to anything chocolate that I make, including hot chocolate. I do not addd a lot because I am not a fan of really spicey. But the hot sauce does add a certain special something to the taste of anything chocolate or caramel.

Reaction score
I do enjoying eating foods with a kick but for my taste I like a reduced amount of spice to just kick my foods up not put my throat on complete fire. Try mustard on pizza for a great kick. I also have tried hot sauce on pizza and it liked how it spiced it up perfectl

Reaction score
Chili chocolate is good and so I will give the hot sauce trick a try! I love spices to the point, I should not really be an American. I think I should have been born in Mexico or some place like that where spicy foods are widely popular. The more hot spice, the better. I love to sweat when I eat my food.

Reaction score
I haven't had hot sauce with brownies but I did lightly sprinkle ghost pepper salt atop of chocolate cupcake. It was really good.

Reaction score
I have never before had hot sauce on brownies, but I enjoy eating them and might in the near future just try them with a hot sauce.

Reaction score
I have never heard of adding hot sauce to brownies. Very interesting. I am going to try this. Does it matter what type of hot sauce is used? I can't wait to give this a try.

Ask a Question