Have you ever decorated store bought cookies?

Reaction score
Because people are busy, I have seen a lot more cooking shows geared toward males and females who don't have time to bake. One of them involved store bought sugar cookies. The host took them out of the pack and decorated them with frosting and sprinkles giving them the 'appearance' of looking homemade. I have never gone this route, but I can see how it would work out okay.

Have any of you ever decorated store bought cookies?

Reaction score
What in the world is the point of buying cookies already made. To just throw icing on it and put it on a fancy plate like it is something special?

If you want to learn how to cook then you take the effort to learn and not to take short cuts with store bought cookies.

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother to put frosting on store bought sugar cookies because they'll still taste store bought.

Besides the bakery section of most stores have cookies that are already frosted, like the Lofthouse cookies from Walmart, so why bother to do the extra step of frosting?
If you're going to buy cookies, at least get them from the bakery, don't slap some frosting on dry mass produced Nabisco cookies.

Reaction score
I like the way store brought cookies taste. I buy cookies from the bakery and warm them up. I do not put frosting on store brought cookies. I haven't tried store brought cookies with frosting on them.

Reaction score
I like the way store brought cookies taste. I buy cookies from the bakery and warm them up. I do not put frosting on store brought cookies. I haven't tried store brought cookies with frosting on them.

Reaction score
If I am going to go to all the trouble of making these cookies look fancy and beautiful , I might as well bake them form scratch while I am at . Store bought cookies can be pretty expensive , I can bake tastier and less excessive ones from scratch.

Reaction score
I've never thought of decorating store bought cookies and I actually wouldn't because it's just too much trouble in my opinion. I just prefer to eat them as is but I see nothing wrong with someone else wanting to do it.

Ask a Question