Have you ever entered a cake into a competition?

Reaction score
There are so many cookery competitions about. Have you ever baked a cake and entered it into a competition. If so, did you win? Have you got any pictures to post? I would love to see them! :)

Reaction score
A long time ago, I made a cake for my brother's Boy Scout troop, and unknown to me they were having a baking competition that meeting. My cake won something (I think it was Best Decorated) before my brother and his friend tore chunks out of it and ate it. Yes, they were a bunch of animals :)

One of these years I hope to get up a team and enter a gingerbread house competition.

Reaction score
I made a cake for my son's school winter outing once. There was a contest and mine took first place. (Mind you, it was a small group of folks.) It's a recipe I got from Taste of Home and everyone raves about it when I make it.

Reaction score
Nope, I'm not at that advanced level of baking to where I would compete in a contest. I'm just a home cook ,not an expert.

Reaction score
I've never entered any competitions. There are never any baking competitions around here that I know of. I see chili, stew, and barbecue competitions around but never baked goods.

Reaction score
When I was in middle school, I entered a simple pound cake in the county 4-H fair. I won a participation ribbon. That's it. Haha!
That is the only time I have ever entered a baking competition. I don't bake to compete, I do it for fun. I just like to please my family and give them sweet treats to enjoy.
Plus, I lack serious skills in decorating. My poor icing skills are very minimual.

Ask a Question