Have you ever felt violated?

Reaction score
I just had my primary phone stolen and now that it's settled in I feel completely violated. It's somewhat of a old phone as Blackberries for many are a thing of the past. Yet, it's my baby with hundreds of pictures that are near and dear to my heart. Many of my cakes are stored there.

This too shall pass, but at this moment I am so angry because of the blatant disrespect, I just wanted to share my feelings. Have you ever experienced anything similar?

Reaction score
Oh @Winterybella that sucks! I have never had a phone stolen, but my sister did once. She was on vacation and had her phone in her back pocket. Someone literally crept up behind her and took it from her back pocket (they were that close!) then RAN for their life.

Not knowing if they were armed or not she didn't bother chasing, but she was pretty shaken up about it all.

Reaction score
I am in the retail business and we know the shop lifters come with the territory. Approaching the season they come out in greater numbers. I actually have the crime on camera. I had just gone to the bathroom and I must confess I had left the phone quite exposed and charging. My son was left alone and it was a pretty slow period. He was quite blatant when you look at the footage.

You must have experienced it to know the feeling you get when someone invades your privacy and snatches away a piece of your life. It gets you in the stomach. Years of footage of some of my fondest memories. I'm up early. Didn't sleep well. All I can see are videos and pictures of my cat which was all I have left of him. I regret not saving more to computer. I wish the horrible feeling would go away. I have my life.........

Reaction score
It is horrible that someone stole your phone, and yes I would feel very violated too. I do not keep as many things stored in my phone as a lot of people, so other than loosing my phone book, it would not be as big of a deal for me. I would have to pay to replace the phone though. I know that a lot of people keep really important things in their phone.

Reaction score
Oh that sucks, I'm really sorry to hear that :( I've had my phone stolen right out of my handbag before, but it was encrypted so they would have had to wipe the thing for it to be of any use. Horrible feeling though :(

Reaction score
I am in the retail business and we know the shop lifters come with the territory. Approaching the season they come out in greater numbers. I actually have the crime on camera. I had just gone to the bathroom and I must confess I had left the phone quite exposed and charging. My son was left alone and it was a pretty slow period. He was quite blatant when you look at the footage.

You must have experienced it to know the feeling you get when someone invades your privacy and snatches away a piece of your life. It gets you in the stomach. Years of footage of some of my fondest memories. I'm up early. Didn't sleep well. All I can see are videos and pictures of my cat which was all I have left of him. I regret not saving more to computer. I wish the horrible feeling would go away. I have my life.........

I'd be devastated, especially because my phone has pictures of my baby from birth until now (she's almost a year old). It's making me think to myself that I really need to back up those pictures. I'm just glad you weren't physically harmed or anything (but the emotional side is still hard, of course). Since you have the footage are you taking that to the police?

Reaction score
I just had my primary phone stolen and now that it's settled in I feel completely violated. It's somewhat of a old phone as Blackberries for many are a thing of the past. Yet, it's my baby with hundreds of pictures that are near and dear to my heart. Many of my cakes are stored there.

This too shall pass, but at this moment I am so angry because of the blatant disrespect, I just wanted to share my feelings. Have you ever experienced anything similar?
I've had this happen to me. It was less stolen, and more that I forgot it at a Starbucks on a table I was sitting at. The saddest things is that the person who picked it up actually called my brother's phone to get into contact with me since he was the last contact in my call log. When I talked to the guy on the phone he tried to extort me for money. He said it would be "40 bucks" to get my phone back. Needless to say I had a few fruitless attempts to meet up with the guy. Then I just reported it to the police, but nothing ever came of it. Now I'm a little more careful and conscious of where I put my phone.

Reaction score
Bakers12 I was just getting happy for you to then learn an extortionist wanted money for finding it. This criminal pulled the phone out of the charger and had to make two attempts. I want to get it out of my head but it's haunting me.

I've met a few honest people in my time but the opposite kind are growing by leaps and bounds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh I am sorry to hear that and I knew how important are those pictures of your baby that you had stored in your phone. I knew that it is still really very disappointing even though if it is already settled. So far I had not yet experience that my phone is stolen and I hope it will never happen because I also had many important pictures and download files that is being stored in my phone.

Reaction score
yes I've been violated by my girlfriend,but it was fun :) i guess that wouldn't count lol

oh somebody took a hammer to my mail box the other night and I didn't even hear them,they beat the top in almost to the bottom,I will have to go to the hardware store and buy another one

Ask a Question