Have you ever stopped baking?

Reaction score
There was a point in my life a couple of years ago where I was going through a lot of life struggles and stopped baking for quite a while. I found no joy in it and it felt like a lot of work. I finally got over the hump in my life and was able to get back to one of my favorite things to do. Has this ever happened to you before? How did you get out of your funk?

Reaction score
I did a couple years ago too, I wasn't feeling well and I was diagnosed with something that made me feel so depressed. Now I am starting to bake again, but I am taking it easy, since I have joint pain issues to deal with too. So most of the times I bake things that don't require too much work and effort with the hands.

Reaction score
Well in some ways I am a very new baker but some time ago I wrote about going into a slump. Week or week was going by and I was consumed with a lot of personal issues and I just kept putting off the baking. It's been recent but I make the odd thing recently. I think it happens to a lot of people.

Reaction score
You would think that baking would be easier when you are feeling down because it is such a relaxing thing to do, but it does take a lot of work and sometimes the motivation is just not there. I am glad I got out of that slump because I really do enjoy baking fresh treats for my family.

Reaction score
I've had times - it was usually when I was trying to eat super healthy and the mere idea of having baked goods/treats in my house was just too much for me. My willpower is pretty bad! But then I realized that it wasn't practical to live like that. Now I'm an everything in moderation type - and most of the baking I do goes to my husband's office. They're appreciative of it there!

Reaction score
When I am not yet married I am always inspired to bake for my nieces and nephews but when I got married I had stopped for a while because of my hectic schedule but lately I am back baking simple goodies only.

Ask a Question