Have you researched your ancestry?

Reaction score
We tried, two common names on my mother's side (Irish and German) hinders the search.

My father's side, Hungarian, we can go back 3 or 4 generations but records were lost in the wars. Only have family stories; supposedly we were in 12th line to the throne of Hungary. At the time of the wars, a lot of families were in that position. I tease my husband, I was born a princess so I don't have to clean the house... LOL

How about you?

Reaction score
I searched back as far as I could. Reached an end point as my paternal grandmother was adopted. It is so interesting to find your roots.

Hope it works Christine, but I think the royal family will have to help you clean...at the least.

Reaction score
I never thought of it. But now I think I'm starting to get curious. It'll be fun to see if I have roots I've never known of!

Reaction score
I searched back as far as I could. Reached an end point as my paternal grandmother was adopted. It is so interesting to find your roots.

Hope it works Christine, but I think the royal family will have to help you clean...at the least.

I know, right??? LOL

Reaction score
This sounds pretty cool, I never tried but I would love to know more about my mom's side of the family. My great grand father was from India and my mom knows nothing about that side of her family. If I could trace it back to my great great grandfather that would be awesome, because I could be related to someone I know and not know it!

Reaction score
I have thought about researching my family mainly because I was told that I have Native American blood on both sides, but I have only been able to find proof of this on my mother's side. Her great-grandmother was Cherokee. She has a picture of her and I was surprised because I didn't know she had a picture of her.

Reaction score
Tracing back your ancestry is a really time-consuming tasks.

I was involved in this quest in the early 2000s and took me about 3 years start finding some hints that, at a time, were distracting my attention if work and other matters that required focusing on them.

Thus, I put aside this research because, ultimately, now I don't see at all what the information retrieved can serve me for.

Reaction score
Yes it is time consuming for sure.
I enjoyed learning about my heritage, Also, for medical history purposes as well... Grandma didn't keep accurate records or stories of health, so it was important for me to learn because of my health issues. I also enjoy the old photos we found, interesting to see who looks like who

Reaction score
It does take a while to get info on your family and I know it's going to take a long time for me because I have very little to go on. I hope it doesn't take too long.

Reaction score
My dad actually did this and we have a pretty substantial document
With ancestry going back pretty far. I've never really looked at it
And hadn't thought about it for years. But now that you've brought
It up I think I am going to take some time and look through it! :)

Reaction score
I was talking to my sister about researching our family and she told me that our uncle had started doing that years ago and I should get with him to see what he found out. I will be checking with him soon about this. I would like to know more about my family's history.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MA7

Latest Threads