Have you seen Teen Chopped?

Reaction score
The Food Network has a new show on (or at least it is new to me) called Chopped for teens. It is the same as the regular Chopped show, except for the fact that teenagers are the contestants. I watched it last night for the first time and was amazed by the kitchen skills those kids had! The could blow me out of the water for sure!

Reaction score
I haven't seen Teen Chopped but I've seen the Masterchef version with children and those kids can cook gourmet meals a hundred times better than I ever could.
Joe is surprisingly nice to the kids and even his piercing glare is toned down.

Reaction score
I have been watching Teen Chopped and I too am amazed by these teenagers talent in the kitchen. It is just on for 5 shows and the winner will get some cash as well as a scholarship to a cooking school. I am just so impressed by these kids and their knowledge. I have also watched the kids version of Masterchef and have been truely amazed by these kids, too.

Reaction score
I have never watched Teen Chopped before but now that you've mentioned it i am looking forward to watching it with my kids.

Reaction score
Watching these shows makes me wish that I would have taken up cooking and baking much earlier in life than I did. I learned to cook and bake out of necessity because I had to eat when I moved out of my parents house. They are so proud that I actually did learn how to cook!

Reaction score
I have not seen teen chopped . I used to love chopped I enjoy the idea of turning the mundane in to the gourmet. The judges are what ruins this show , they are far too rude and their expectations are outrageous. The idea of teen chopped concerns me , I can only imagine how the judge harshness will effect these young chefs.

Reaction score
It is amazing how well they cook! I can't imagine being creative with all that pressure! Just thinking about having to do that would make
me freeze like a deer in headlights!!! :0
The judges don't seem to be as tough with the kids. They are "soft" on them but probably not as hard as they are with adults.
I agree that the judges ruin it for me too. I like some of them and won't watch when some of the others are on!
The thing that irks me is that they will say that forgetting an ingredient doesn't mean automatic elimination - yet, they are always eliminated!!!!!!

Reaction score
As far as I understand, this isn't technically a new series. Its just a tournament they are doing on Chopped for teens to participate in. Once the winner is crowned, Chopped will go back to its original shows.

I get burned out on Chopped every now and then so I will stop watching it but the tournaments like this always bring me back. I am loving this one. I wish I had half the determination and talent these teens do!

I personally like the judges but feel they tend to pick the contestants that come in with "sob" stories. I'm not saying that their stories aren't sad and I feel for them, I do. But sometimes I wish the personal stories were left out so that the contestants could be judged strictly on their talent. Sometimes I feel like the results were skewed just because the judges felt sorry for the contestant.

Mommy42, I have seen plenty of people forget ingredients but still move to the next round, sometimes even still win!

Reaction score
I've never seen it but I am all out for checking it out. That seems really cool and fun all at the same time.

Reaction score
It is amazing how well they cook! I can't imagine being creative with all that pressure! Just thinking about having to do that would make

The thing that irks me is that they will say that forgetting an ingredient doesn't mean automatic elimination - yet, they are always eliminated!!!!!!

When chopped first came on I thought the idea of the show and thought it was going to be great ,but the judges spoil the whole thing because they are snobs.It is no a matter if the contestant but out a good dish or not the judges say dumb things like Iw really wanted to taste some of this or that in the meal or I prefere my meat cooked this way. It is like really are you kidding me this is a contest not a menu of your choice.

Ask a Question