Hawaiian Dinner Party - Dessert Ideas?

Reaction score
So we've got some friends on vacation in Hawaii at the moment. Knowing that when they return they're going to be on that post-vacation-downer, we thought we would hold a Hawaiian themed dinner party. We know what we're making for the main dishes, but does anyone have any good ideas for a Hawaiian themed dessert? A cake, a pie, anything -- just some sort of Hawaiian/tropical theme is really what I need.

I'm still undecided as to what to make but if you have a yummy tried-and-true recipe to share with me I'd be ever grateful!

Reaction score
Have you ever made pineapple upside down cake? I haven't made it myself but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Reaction score
@DancingLady I've never made pineapple upside down cake but I know a lot of people love it so I might have to look up a recipe for that! And thanks for the link @Trellum ! The pineapple and coconut flavor combination is definitely one of my favorites -- plus a graham cracker crust? YES please! Maybe I'll end up making two things so that way there's a cake and a pie - you can never have too much dessert, am I right?

Reaction score
Glad we could help :) I hope both of your desserts turn out great! If you decide to try the recipe I sent you, please let me know. I'm always interested in getting feedback on the recipes I share :)

Reaction score
Another idea I just had is fruit pizza. You make a giant sugar cookie as the crust, speed cream cheese in it, and top with fruits of your choice. You can use tropical fruits for a Hawaiin party.

Reaction score
I remembered before in our office we had a Hawaiian Party theme for the company's silver anniversary. And for our dessert we had what we called Coconut Fruit Salad..

Ingredients:

Fresh Grated Coconut
Pineapple tidbits
Ripe Mango Slices
Sweetened Banana
Sweet Kernel Corn
Tapioca balls
All Purpose Cream
Condensed Milk (just according to your taste)

This is really great for a Hawaiian Theme Party!!!

Ask a Question