Healthier Quiche Lorraine

Reaction score
I got a new recipe book recently - A Lighter Way to Bake by Lorraine Pascale. It's basically her versions of recipes which have few calories or fat or sugar. Some of the recipes are only slightly healthier, but others are pretty good and still look really tasty! Here's the first one I've tried which went down a treat - Quiche Lorraine made with filo pastry instead of shortcrust.

Here's the recipe:

Here's how mine turned out:

quiche lorraine.JPG

They were so tasty! Using the filo pastry instead of shortcrust pastry is a great way to make a recipe healthier, I'll be trying it with loads of other things.

Reaction score
Mmm... it looks really tasty and the recipe is not that hard except for the half-fat crème fraîche that here is not sold everywhere, but it's worth go to the store where I can find it to try this out.

Thanks for sharing both the recipe and the great pic :)

Reaction score
That is such a great idea, I love the fact that everone ges there own indivual little quiche.There is no slicing and these are very portable.

Reaction score
That is a great idea. I used to love getting something similar to those at Panera in the mornings while I was on my way into work, however theirs were made with the pastry dough as you noted, and much heavier. Just out of curiosity, did these hold up well after you took them out of the oven, or did you have to eat them right away? I'm mainly wondering if the corners started flopping down after they rested a while or not.

Reaction score
That is a great idea. I used to love getting something similar to those at Panera in the mornings while I was on my way into work, however theirs were made with the pastry dough as you noted, and much heavier. Just out of curiosity, did these hold up well after you took them out of the oven, or did you have to eat them right away? I'm mainly wondering if the corners started flopping down after they rested a while or not.

Thankfully they held their structure very well! The filling had completely set, so they didn't change shape at all after taking them out of the muffin tray.

Reaction score
I got a new recipe book recently - A Lighter Way to Bake by Lorraine Pascale. It's basically her versions of recipes which have few calories or fat or sugar. Some of the recipes are only slightly healthier, but others are pretty good and still look really tasty! Here's the first one I've tried which went down a treat - Quiche Lorraine made with filo pastry instead of shortcrust.

Here's the recipe:

Here's how mine turned out:

View attachment 89

They were so tasty! Using the filo pastry instead of shortcrust pastry is a great way to make a recipe healthier, I'll be trying it with loads of other things.

Yummy. I love quiche lorraine. Your version looks appealing and appetizing. Thank yo so much for sharing such a wonder.

Reaction score
That looks really good!

I haven't made a quiche in a while and it is nice to see a simple recipe to go by. Thanks for sharing this to us!

Reaction score
Never thought of that! Philo is now also sold here, but it is still very expensive.

Can creme fraiche be replaced with yoghurt?
I am asking because I have no access to creme fraiche.

I can get sour cream and yoghurt. Which one is closer to creme fraiche, and does it make a big difference if I am exchanging them for the creme fraiche of the original recipe?

Ask a Question