Healthiest Cake Recipe

Reaction score
Has anyone got some really healthy cake recipes? A friend of mine is dieting and wondering if I knew of any recipes that are full of goodness! Most of mine are full of sugar and chocolate! The best one I can think of is carrot cake, but even that one is loaded with calories!

Reaction score
Has anyone got some really healthy cake recipes? A friend of mine is dieting and wondering if I knew of any recipes that are full of goodness! Most of mine are full of sugar and chocolate! The best one I can think of is carrot cake, but even that one is loaded with calories!
I saw a great healthy cake recipe on the chew. It doesn't have flour or sugar added which is a definite plus. It's a hazelnut chocolate cake, and it's very easy to make:
  • 1 13-ounce net weight jar Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
  • 5 large Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Sweetened Whipped Cream to serve
  • Powdered Sugar to serve
Just beat the eggs for about 15 min. until tripled in volume..mix the spread with rest of ingredients and fold in beaten eggs, little at a time. When it's all incorporated, put in greased pan and bake on 350 for about 20-25 min. I didn't use any whipped cream, but I did sprinkle powdered sugar on top. This was quite good in my opinion!

Reaction score
The only problem with that is that the chocolate hazelnut spread is full of sugar, and eggs are high in cholesterol, so the cake is still pretty unhealthy! Sounds delicious though, I love chocolate and hazelnuts!

Cake is an indulgent treat, so it's either unhealthy or tasteless (generally speaking!). Moderation is key when dieting - a healthy balanced diet can of course include treats, but they should be small and not eaten often. Rather than looking for a 'healthy' recipe, maybe try and make something that is rich and filling that can be frozen - that way your friend can have a small indulgence one a day and not be tempted to have more! My thinking is that if you have something healthy that doesn't satisfy you then you might be tempted to have more, but something that you really like will be much more satisfying. Obviously the more unhealthy it is the smaller the portion should be! ;)

Reaction score
I saw a great healthy cake recipe on the chew. It doesn't have flour or sugar added which is a definite plus. It's a hazelnut chocolate cake, and it's very easy to make:
  • 1 13-ounce net weight jar Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
  • 5 large Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Sweetened Whipped Cream to serve
  • Powdered Sugar to serve
Just beat the eggs for about 15 min. until tripled in volume..mix the spread with rest of ingredients and fold in beaten eggs, little at a time. When it's all incorporated, put in greased pan and bake on 350 for about 20-25 min. I didn't use any whipped cream, but I did sprinkle powdered sugar on top. This was quite good in my opinion!

This looks delicious! I have taken down the recipe and will try this! Thank you for your help. It is hard to find a really healthy recipe for a cake. The only one I can ever think of is carrot cake!

Reaction score
He he! I always think the carrots are so healthy! You are right though, the rest of the recipe attacks the waistline quite a lot! I think I've been ignoring that part and focusing on the carrots to convince myself! :D

Ask a Question