Healthiest Cookie?

Reaction score
I love to make cookies for my children as an afterschool snack, and they love coming home to the smell of baking cookies! I like trying new recipes and my kids enjoy being my little guinea pigs :) I like to change it up and surprise them with a new recipe every now and then. What would you consider to be your healthiest cookie recipe and are you willing to share it with the rest of us? Thank you!

Reaction score
For me the healthiest cookie I've ever eaten is the ''pinole'' ones. They're made with ground corn meal and normal flour (depending on the recipe). I buy a brand from Mexico. I have never made them myself, but I might once I move out if I find the ingredients. I've found several recipes, but they're all in Spanish. I'll translate the recipe and post it in a post on its own in the cookies section when I get the chance :)

Reaction score
I don't have a recipe nailed down, but when I make "cookies," I use whole grains and always add peanut butter to help keep the cookie a balanced food. I do not consider butter to be unhealthy in moderation, so I do use it in cookies. The only oil I use now is coconut oil, but that adds a particular flavor I don't always want.

Generally, brown rice flour is my base flour, I add a little bit of quinoa flakes for texture. I like to use a banana for some of the sweetness as well as raisins. That way I only need a little honey to make it just sweet enough to taste good. Other ingredients would be peanut butter, melted stick of butter, salt, cinnamon and 2-3 eggs depending on how big they are.

Reaction score
Happiness is the best medicine. The classic chocolate chip cookie makes me the happiest so I guess it is the healthiest for me!

Ask a Question