Healthy baking

Reaction score
I have a sweet tooth which is sometimes unfortunate for me since I try to keep my diet healthy. Lately I have discovered some surprisingly delicious healthy recipes. Muffins, pancakes, raw cakes.. the sky is the limit. Now I´d like you to share your favorites. Also all the tips and tricks are more than welcome! :)

Reaction score
I am very interested in a recipe for a raw cake with oatmeal for the main ingredient if you have one. This is something I am just venturing in to.

I have always loved to bake, but health is my main reason for baking now. I will not eat the foods laced with poisons they sell in the store.

I also have a very strong sweet tooth, and to that I have one comment. Dark chocolate is now being touted as very healthy. :D

Reaction score
I have never made a raw cake which has oats as a main ingredient but since I´m allergic to nuts I often need to replace them with something and in most cases I have done it using by oats. Would you be interested in a recipe like this?

Yes, dark chocolate is my savior too. Also raw chocolate is one of my favorites.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Ninna, great to have you here! :)

I've just posted a recipe for Rhubarb Crumble Muffins which you might be interested in. They are low in fat but the sugar content isn't ideal!

Reaction score
Thank you, I´m happy to find this forum. Hope I´ll learn some new tricks here! :)

Mmm.. those muffins look delicious! Probably you can use honey or stevia as a substitute to sugar.. I must definitely give it a try! :)

Reaction score
I have a sweet tooth which is sometimes unfortunate for me since I try to keep my diet healthy. Lately I have discovered some surprisingly delicious healthy recipes. Muffins, pancakes, raw cakes.. the sky is the limit. Now I´d like you to share your favorites. Also all the tips and tricks are more than welcome! :)

What is raw cake exactly, I haven't heard of it before. Does anyone have a nice simple recipe that I can try out?

Reaction score
I would love your recipe, Ninna!

Eating raw foods has a great benefit, as it retains all the vitamins. Although it is called a raw diet, foods can be heated but to a low temperature. I think at 110° you start to lose the benefits of it being raw.

My intent was to find a replacement to corazonas oat squares. They don't say they are raw, but do have a texture more like a raw bar than a cooked one. A recipe for a cooked oatmeal bar would also be welcome.

At a cost of about $1.10 per bar, plus the fact that it has some non gmo ingredients, I need something to replace these with. They have been m

Reaction score
I'm trying to become a healthy eater as well, so when I bake my desserts it's already such a luxury for me! (My cheat day) Anyway, to be healthier when baking, I alter the ingredients so that it would be lower in fat content, but of course, it's dessert, so we can't expect it to be 100% nonfat. Instead of chocolate, I use cocoa powder instead. Cocoa powder is made when chocolate liquor is pressed to remove three quarters of its cocoa butter. Another way to lessen fat intake is to substitute butter because it's high in cholesterol. I suggest the natural soft buttery spreads like Smart Balance or Earth Balance that are made from oil. I hope these small tips help you out! :)

Ask a Question