Healthy Muffin Recipes with Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, and Coconut Oil

Reaction score
I'm wanting to make healthy muffins that my husband and I can grab in the morning on the way to work. He isn't the type to prepare things in advance, and if there isn't anything ready he will end up getting fast food, which is a waste of money and bad for his health.

Do you have any ideas on how to incorporate Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, and Coconut Oil into muffin recipes? I know that I can substitute butter with oil, and eggs with water and chia seeds, but I don't know if I am able to do that all together so it doesn't mess up the texture of the muffins.

Any help would be appreciated! I'd love to see your healthy muffin recipes too.

Reaction score
I think any seeds or nuts can easily be added to almost any recipe. I would also consider using zuchini like for the bread recipe or carrots which will add moisture and compliment the seeds you are mentioning.

Reaction score
I incorporate apple sauce and yogurt into my muffins to make them healthier and keep them moist. I generally use coconut oil instead of butter. I've also switched from using refined, processed white sugar to coconut sugar and maple sugar. I do notice a difference when I use coconut sugar. The muffins look a bit darker, but other than that, they are much lighter than muffins made with traditional ingredients.

Ask a Question