Heat Treated Flour

Reaction score
Ok, So I am new to this page and am on the hunt for some answers. I have already exhausted my local connections so here I am. I am looking to see if anyone knows where to buy, if possible even, heat-treated flour. I am familiar with being able to do this at home but I am confident that this is also out there for purchase. Anyone know about this product and maybe where I can get this?

Reaction score
Might help if we know what part of the planet you live on, as products vary from country to country.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :) Location would be handy! Here in the UK heat-treated flour is available commercially, and consequently it's usually only in big sacks. I wouldn't know where to buy a small amount for home use.

Reaction score
I've never heard of heat treated flour before this post.

But I looked it up, and there are companies that sell the standard sized bags of flour that is heat treated. But since there is no location to go by, I can't say what companies or stores would carry that.

I looked up heat treated flour, and apparently it is pretty much only used by large industry, such as Pillsbury, Duncan Hines, bread companies....any kind of food production company that uses flour in its products.

I have to say though, the effects heating flour has on it seems to be beneficial and should be standardized.

Reaction score
Does anyone know anymore information regarding this via in United States.... California? I wanted to use it for edible cookie dough.

Ask a Question