Heavenly Blueberry Tart Recipe

Reaction score
It's the holiday weekend (celebrating America's independence), and blueberries were on sale at Kroger this week. I looked around to find a recipe I could make with what I have on hand, and I found this one that looks lovely and simple. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/heavenly-blueberry-tart I have been wanting to make a tart for a while now, and blueberries are one of my favorite Summer treats. I think I'll top it off with some whipped cream. How about you? What are you baking this weekend? Do you have a favorite berry?

Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup cold butter
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • FILLING:
  • 2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Add to Shopping List
Nutritional Facts

1 slice: 283 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein

Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add vinegar, tossing with a fork to moisten. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
  2. For filling, place 1 pint of blueberries over crust. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over blueberries. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
  3. Bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven; arrange and press remaining berries in a single layer over top. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Attachments

• blueberry tart.jpg
    blueberry tart.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 388
Reaction score
My favorite berry right now is strawberries because I mix them with black cherry Greek yogurt and it tastes amazing. I think my favorite berry pie or tart is blackberry. I do like blueberries but can't eat a lot of them because the taste starts to get to me after a while. I used to work at a blueberry farm and think I got sick of them.

Reaction score
Mmm! To me, anything with strawberries or blueberries is perfect for a 4th of July celebration!

I would say they're two of my most favorite berries, too. I also quite like raspberries in baking, particularly when they're paired with white chocolate - I think that's a yummy combination!

Reaction score
I love pretty much any berry. As far as jam, jelly and syrups, raspberry is probably my favorite, but for fresh fruit, blueberries and cherries top my list. I just mixed in some blueberries with strawberry yogurt, and the combination was delicious. That was breakfast yesterday. I agree @cupcakechef, strawberries and blueberries make a nice combination for the 4th of July. I've been seeing a lot of poke cakes, as well, but fresh berries and cream really stand out to me.

Ask a Question