Hello from BC!

Reaction score
I write this while being tugged on by my boys and eyeballing my disaster of a kitchen. We baked and shopped this morning and the mess has yet to be cleaned up. :) Bread still to be baked for dinner today and I need to get a move on writing a new blueberry - banana bread recipe that uses coconut milk and oil. My youngest has GERD and some dairy sensitivities so baking has taken on a whole new light in the last year. Looking forward to sharing tasty recipes with like-minded food-loving folks!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I've started using coconut oil recently, I really like it! Bit expensive around here though, I need to find a cheaper place to buy it.

Reaction score
A warm welcome from a neighbour (I'm Albertan). :)

I look forward to seeing your recipes as I could use some with alternative ingredients. I'm glad you're able to write recipes. I usually muck them up.

Anyways I hope you enjoy the forum. I know I do.

Reaction score
I've found that Costco is the cheapest source for coconut oil - $17.99 for a HUGE tub. The recipe turned out well, I'll post it down in the muffins/breakfast breads area soon. Oh - and I muck up at least as many as I make - muffins and breads are easier though since I make so many of them! :) Thanks for the warm welcome!

Ask a Question