Hello from Boston

Reaction score
Hi,

I have two teenagers who love to bake and I would like to acquire some skills myself. I think there is nothing more soothing than the smell of a freshly baked batch of cookies wafting through the house!

Reaction score
Hi fibromama,

I'm a college student looking to acquire some sort of baking skills myself. It's great that your teens started learning early; they definitely won't end up as clueless in the kitchen as me :).

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome.

junkie I'm glad they've taken an interest especially since their school does not offer home economics anymore. That is where I first learned to cook/bake.

Reaction score
Welcome fibromama! That is great that your teens like to bake! One of mine only will if he is forced to! LOL
My daughter however loves to bake and cook! It is nice to have company in the kitchen! And now that she is older it isn't as messy!!!
Boston is such a nice city - so much history. I went there once with my sister and we had the best clam chowder! I don't remember the name of the place we went as it was 18+ years ago!
Hope you find lots of tips on this forum! I'm loving how friendly everyone is here! :)

Reaction score
I have one daughter that is a baker and the other is a cook. It's funny how they can be either/or. My favorite clam chowder is at Legal Seafoods, but Kelly's Roast Beef in Revere is a close second.

Reaction score
I would love to get to Boston again sometime when I have more than just one night to spend there! So much history in that city. And so many old, beautiful churches and buildings! What else is there to do there besides eat clam chowder!!! LOL What do you do for fun? Or, if someone comes to visit what do you suggest they do or visit?

My son is a HUGE Boston Red Sox fan too! So, if I ever do get there we would have to go to a game for sure!!!

Do you have pretty mild winters? We get lots of cold and snow in MT. Seems like winter is 9 months of the year - with some mild days thrown in every now and then!! :)

Reaction score
My kids love to go to Faneuil Hall. They have a food court inside and tons of unique shops to visit. Walking the Freedom Trail is very popular as well. I personally love to go to the New England Aquarium - especially to see the huge turtles. If you stay in Boston proper you will never be bored!

Our winters can go either way. Sometimes we have little snow and mild weather and sometimes the snow is taller than us and it's frigid outside. We always dress in layers around here just in case.

Reaction score
Haha! Sounds like what we do here in the winter! And we never know how it will be either! Of course we do know it will be below zero for at least one week during the winter! ;)

The aquarium sounds nice! I love to go to those because we don't have anything like that in MT!!! Lol

How long is the freedom trail? I love to walk and hike - as long as it isn't too hot! :)

What is Faneuil Hall? It sounds like my kind of place with shops and food! Thanks for the info. :)

Reaction score
The freedom trail is two and a half miles long. Faneuil Hall is a shopping market that has been there since 1742. There are some cool bars there as well ;)

Reaction score
Oh, cool! That would be an easy walk! Do you get to see a lot of the city from it? Or is it in the woods? I bet the trees are really pretty there in the fall?

Wow! 1742?! Of course that is where some of the first settlers lived! I'm sure I would love whatever was there because I'm sure we don't have anything like it here. Is it open year round?

I'm not really into bars as I don't drink. :) but thanks for that as well!

Reaction score
The Freedom trail is in the city, though we have our share of trees across Massachusetts and the fall foliage is amazing if you're a leaf peeper. Yes Fanueil Hall is open all year round.

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks again for the information!! I'll have to put it on things to do on my bucket list. :)
So good to have some "insider" information on what to see and do there!

I just think the colors in the fall are so amazing! We get some of that here but we also have a lot of pine trees - which don't "turn" ;-) -
so I've always wanted to go to a place that is packed with trees that change colors!!! :)

I think I had a postcard once that had Fanueil Hall on it. I'm going to have to look through my stuff to see if I can find it.

Have a great day!! :)

Ask a Question