Hello from Ohio

Reaction score
New forum member here.

Little background.........

Attended the Midwest Culinary Institute (Pastry Arts) back in 2005. Had hopes/dreams of becoming a pastry chef and eventually wanted to open up my own bagel shop. I decided to take a different route, and now, I bake for the fun/enjoyment. I never bake anything for myself (except for apple pie), and I never eat anything I do bake. I take it all into work for others to enjoy. I occasionally get asked to make things for people, which then makes a little cash on the side. But that's as far as my baking professionally goes.

Due to life getting in the way, I have taken a long hiatus, and would like to get the hobby rolling again. Came here to get back up to speed and learn from all you other bakers out there. I certainly forgot quite a bit, mainly due to the fact if you don't use it, you'll lose it.

I am an electrical engineer by trade, and a baker on the weekends (or at least would like to get back into it) :D

I hope to learn from all of you and hope to help where i can.
With the winters upon us here in Ohio, baking will keep me busy till thaw out :p

Shawn

Ask a Question