Hello from Oklahoma

Reaction score
Hello all. I My name is Paul and I like to eat, as you can tell from my avatar. I am a retired US sailor and retired trucker. Health problems has put me being home bound so I have to occupy to keep my mind from going south . For the past 7 years I have been scale modeling and building model plane from purchased kits. After 7 years you get burned out and start looking for another hobby to get into. On the weekends my wife and I watch all the cooking and baking shows. Now since I can only stand for a few minutes with out extreme pain I shunned from cooking, this led to me becoming interested in baking. So far, from scratch. I baked two cakes. One from my mother in laws recipe and the other, a rum cake, from a recipe I found on the net. Needless to say you shouldn't drive after eating the latter as the amount of rum was a bit strong.

I always love fresh breads of various styles but my favorite is onion bread. Having said this I thought I would like to try baking a bread recipe of a simple white bread first but I have yet to get off my fat butt to get anything done about it. Friday, a co-worker of my wife's gave us a Welbilt abm2h22 bread machine. It seems to be barely used and has piqued my interest. I started doing some research on how to operate this machine and found out that there are different types of yeast. Who would have thought? Well I guess it makes sense and I got to looking around in the cabinet and found a 3 pack envelope for rapid rise so I hope I am at least in the ball park as far as ingredients go I understand that this is also called bread machine yeast so I hope I am all good here.

Anyway, I hope that I can make some friends here and learn to do some great baking.
Cheers
Paul

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Paul, welcome to the forums :). I'm also a big fan of onion bread, I love the stuff :D.

Ask a Question