Hello from Sedona, Arizona

Reaction score
The Great British Baking Show has given me the baking bug. I've never baked before, well except for cookies that come in a tube. My first, second, and third foray into "real" baking was a swiss roll - all failures. I obviously need some help, so here I am on the Baking Forums.

Dave

Reaction score
The Great British Baking Show has given me the baking bug. I've never baked before, well except for cookies that come in a tube. My first, second, and third foray into "real" baking was a swiss roll - all failures. I obviously need some help, so here I am on the Baking Forums.

Dave

Swiss roll is a challenge, so don’t be discouraged. Welcome to the forum. Hope all is well in beautiful Sedona!

Reaction score
My first, second, and third foray into "real" baking was a swiss roll - all failures.
I always have a soft spot for people who jump into the deep end when they want to learn a new skill. Swiss rolls are a tough—but, very admirable—starting point for baking. Be persistent; don’t give up; learn from everything, and, baking will be a lifelong joy.

I had just begun getting serious about my baking when I first encountered The Great British Baking Show. It’s given me a million ideas for bakes I hope to develop the confidence to actually produce.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Ask a Question