Helloooo :D

Reaction score
Hi there, My name's Marie, but call me Mazz.

Just joined here this evening, so feel free to drop me a line; I'd love to get to know everyone.

I'm currently 8 months pregnant, so my passion for baking has been put on the backburners a little, hence joining this forum. I'm hoping it'll encourage me to take it back up when I have the energy. I cannot wait until my little one's born, and reaches the age where he wants to get stuck into cookie dough and cupcake batter with me! :)

I've been baking since I could walk, as my mother runs a little cake shop, and I have helped out since I can remember (even if at first I only used to lick the spatula! hehe).

I'm not very good with bread yet, but I'm hoping that the help I can find here will better my skills, as I'd love to be able to bake my own bread, instead of buying it from the supermarket..

Anyways, enough about me for now.. I'm off to get stuck into the forums. Come and find me :p

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Mazz! :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Are you having a little boy (I noticed you said 'he')?

Ooh the temptation of having a mother with a cake shop! My mum used to make cakes for people when I was a kid, but unfortunately she never really made them for us at home - just ones to sell!

Reaction score
Hii :) Thank youu

Yeah, we're having a little boy, so excited now!

I know what you mean, Becky: I must have been the most cake-deprived child in the town.. Even though I was surrounded by it on a day to day basis.
All my father and I ever got were the 'rejects' - cakes that came out wrong, burnt, or just the leftovers from what she didn't sell, which was never a lot, and we never got to choose what we wanted.

My mum makes celebration cakes (birthday, wedding cakes etc) too, so I always had the most amazing birthday cake, every year.. From Sooty and Sweep to princess castles to the Smurfs house and even Wallace and Gromit once.. So I can't really complain. :D

Ask a Question