Looking for Thin Rich Brownies with Buttercream Frosting

cbr

Reaction score
I have been looking and looking for a brownie recipe my mom used to make. it was a very rich, pretty thin brownie, with a thick layer of buttercream frosting, and unsweetened chocolate drizzled on top. I'm pretty sure the frosting was just basic buttercream but it wasn't just a normal from the box brownie. any thoughts?

Reaction score
I have been looking and looking for a brownie recipe my mom used to make. it was a very rich, pretty thin brownie, with a thick layer of buttercream frosting, and unsweetened chocolate drizzled on top. I'm pretty sure the frosting was just basic buttercream but it wasn't just a normal from the box brownie. any thoughts?
Was it a sponge brownie, or was it made from black beans? Did it have nuts in it? If so what type? A few more clues might help please.
You don't mention chocolate other than it being drizzled on the top. Did it have chocolate lumps in it?
I have written up the recipe for a nutella (chocolate spread) brownie which is very nice, have you looked at that?
Also rich sponges tend to be made with mayonnaise or oil rather than butter. Do you have any ideas on ingredient?

Ask a Question