How to Keep Bakeware Looking Clean and New

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on how to keep bake wear from looking eww? I mean, they look great when you buy them, but after a few uses, they get dark and don't look very nice? Is it just me? I wash them in hot soapy water, rinse and dry them right away.

Reaction score
I have one pan that looks eewwww. It is my lasagna pan, I call it seasoned... LOL
I have heard a mix of baking soda and vinegar, but I cannot be sure. I could use a tip too

Reaction score
I use a scourer on mine which helps keep them clean. I think the problem starts when you don't get them perfectly clean and when they next go into the oven the residue burns on and becomes very difficult to remove!

Reaction score
I saw this on Pinterest. It looks like it's worth a try. The ingredients are certainly cheap.

718d1ee3f62b0f3fefa28d3bcefb428e.jpg

Reaction score
That looks like a good method of cleaning old pans. I think I will try this out. I have lots of old cookware that needs a good cleaning. I hope this works for me.

Reaction score
I am definitely going to have to give ACSAPA's method a try! I never would have thought to do that. Before seeing that, I was almost going to make the comment that it's not worth buying a ton of brillo pads, and grease removers and other cleaning products if you are going to waste more money than the baking sheet cost itself. But peroxide and baking soda are dirt cheap.

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm assuming it should be safe on stainless steel and non stick pans. But I'm wondering if it causes any problems aluminum pans or other metals - in other words will it "etch" into them at all? We used to do a sort of similar process in some of my lithography classes in college, which would eat into the metal wherever we didn't have it sealed off with grease.

Ask a Question