How to fix deflated angel food cake batter

Reaction score
My angel food cake batter deflated and it has all of its ingredients but i wont stiffen again i think i over mixed it

Last edited:
Reaction score
My angel food cake batter deflated and it has all of its ingredients but i wont stiffen again i think i over mixed it

Wait, when you fold in the flour, The egg whites are going to deflate some. And the batter is going to turn some what runny. The flour is not going to just stiffen up the batter. Now if you lose all volume you have a problem.

but it’s relative to what you begin with

Look at Stella parks video. Begins with medium peaks. And you see her batter is also very runny. But it’s also about the ratio of flour and in the amount of air that she has whipped into her egg white.

I don’t know to what level you beat your egg whites. When you it deflated, I assumed you lost all volume. But a runny or loose batter is not necessarily about her without volume. Your batter may not have deflated at all.

Ask a Question