Need help with no-bake oatmeal cookies that won't set

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post, hello everyone I'm here because I really like the no-bake oatmeal cookies like the ones in the recipe below...

(I hope it's ok to post links)

...but I cannot get them right. My cookies don't set, they stay gooey. Even overnight in the fridge they always end up on the consistency spectrum somewhere between cookie dough to sticky mess. I remember these setting dry & flaky in what feels like another lifetime now, but I cannot seem to achieve this.

I've tried boiling for 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 1 minute. 2. Then 60 seconds again. I've attempted it while stirring both diligently and lazily. I've tried brown sugar, white sugar, cane sugar, all with no success. This deceptively simple recipe has defeated my best efforts.

Is anyone able to advise?

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post, hello everyone I'm here because I really like the no-bake oatmeal cookies like the ones in the recipe below...

(I hope it's ok to post links)

...but I cannot get them right. My cookies don't set, they stay gooey. Even overnight in the fridge they always end up on the consistency spectrum somewhere between cookie dough to sticky mess. I remember these setting dry & flaky in what feels like another lifetime now, but I cannot seem to achieve this.

I've tried boiling for 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 1 minute. 2. Then 60 seconds again. I've attempted it while stirring both diligently and lazily. I've tried brown sugar, white sugar, cane sugar, all with no success. This deceptively simple recipe has defeated my best efforts.

Is anyone able to advise?
Since you’ve tried troubleshooting the recipe without success, contact that recipe developer directly for advice.

Ask a Question