Converting Polish Gingerbread Cookie Recipe to US Measurements

Reaction score
It's a Polish gingerbread cookie; the original measurements are in metric. I found a site that converts ingredients from metric to customary measurements. The main question I have is about the butter measurement. The recipe calls for 100 grams of butter. When I converted it to customary measurements it was 7 tablespoons. To make for easier measuring, can I increase this by a tablespoon to make it 8 tablespoons? Will increasing the amount of butter by such a small amount have major impact on the outcome of the finished cookie (will it majorly affect texture, etc.) or by increasing it by such a small amount, will there not be any noticeable changes in the finished cookie?

Reaction score
That small difference shouldn't have too much of a consequence. It might mean that your cookies spread out more, so you could try chilling the dough before baking to prevent this (if it isn't desired). To be honest it's good practice to do that anyway!

Ask a Question