Cinnamon Roll Dough: Can It Be Saved After Refrigeration?

Reaction score
So I made my usual cinnamon roll recipe last night. I was going to bake them after the second rise but I got too tired. So then I was just going to roll them out and follow directions for overnight (which have them rolled and in pan) well I got too tired for that and just ended up putting plastic wrap over the double batch of dough and stuck the bowl in the fridge. Did I ruin all that dough ?
I’m still going to attempt to bake them now. Darn exhaustion

Reaction score
Did I ruin all that dough ?

Not necessarily! What's done is done, so if it were me I'd bake them and see how they turn out. Yeast works far more slowly at a low temperature, so hopefully they won't overprove.

It's also worth bearing in mind that you can freeze dough after the first prove - might be useful in the future.

Let us know how they turn out :)

Reaction score
So I am kind of biased. I love cinnamon rolls in general (except canned)o_O not that there’s anything wrong with canned, my kids love them!!! They came out okay. I noticed that a lot of them came unrolled when cooled. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. I still ate them :D Now I need to figure out single serve packaging for 1 roll, without the frosting getting smooshed. I was using a napkin and plastic baggies. Any ideas ?
Thanks !!

Reaction score
Now I need to figure out single serve packaging for 1 roll, without the frosting getting smooshed. I was using a napkin and plastic baggies. Any ideas ?

When I'm trying to protect an iced cake / bun, I always wrap it in greaseproof paper first. It's not infallible, but in my experience it's less likely to stick to sticky things!

Ask a Question