Hermes House recipe books?

Reaction score
Some years ago in a house move I lost a favourite recipe book. I think it was a Hermes House publication. One recipe in particular is much missed - Strawberry and Orange Charlotte. Our daughter, who lives abroad is visiting soon and I would like to make this, which was her particular favourite, both for her and for grandchildren we have never yet met.

Does anyone know which book or, alternatively, does anyone have the recipe? I know it in a general way but would like to reproduce it as exactly as possible.

Reaction score
Some years ago in a house move I lost a favourite recipe book. I think it was a Hermes House publication. One recipe in particular is much missed - Strawberry and Orange Charlotte. Our daughter, who lives abroad is visiting soon and I would like to make this, which was her particular favourite, both for her and for grandchildren we have never yet met.

Does anyone know which book or, alternatively, does anyone have the recipe? I know it in a general way but would like to reproduce it as exactly as possible.

That's a tough one given the publisher prints a lot of books and you don't have an author.

You might try searching Amazon for the book. Just type in "Hermes House cookbooks". If it was a baking book, then "Hermes House Baking". Amazon lists books from independent new and used booksellers. You might get lucky and find a used copy. I've tracked down a couple of out of print cookbooks that way on Amazon.

Reaction score
I looked online at this, and there are many, many versions of this recipe available online. I don't know which one you used, but you could find the one that best fits the one you had and print it out.

Without the title of the book, I wouldn't have a clue as to which one you are referring.

You might check in used book shops, or even the library for this book if you don't remember the title.

If you do remember the title of it, you might find a copy on ebay, if it's an older publication. Otherwise you might still find it in large book stores, if you want a new copy. You can always call the stores to see if they have it, or some places like Half Priced Books have a website.

Ask a Question