Hershey's Best Brownies

Reaction score
I usually make brownies from a mix, because there's one in particular that I love. I usually keep a pouch of the mix on hand, but I don't have any right now, so I went looking to see if there was a recipe I could make using ingredients I have here at the house. This is the one I came up with that looked pretty easy, as well as delicious.

I'm not sure if I'll actually make and use the frosting on this batch, because I would like to try them plain first, especially since someone mentioned in the comments that the frosting wasn't necessary. I think brownies are pretty rich themselves, so I don't normally frost them, but it might be a nice idea for a special occasion. I will sometimes put a light coating of frosting on top, then add different types of sprinkles, and that can help customize this or another recipe for a particular holiday or occasion.

Here is the list of ingredients, and if you decide you'd like to make them, the recipe can be found below:

Ingredients
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
  • CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/en-us/recipes/brownies-bars/98/hersheys-best-brownies

Reaction score
I've almost always made brownies from box mixes - I too have a brand of box mix that I like and I tend to stick to it! For so many baked goods I do everything from scratch and for some reason brownies just are the one thing that's not like that very often. I probably need to give this a try and compare the two!

Reaction score
hmm i think I have the stuff to do that :) except for the nuts and frosting,of course the wal nuts are falling from the trees right now :) I do wish I had a pecan tree close by,i do like them a lot better

and the paw paws have fallen,I think i have missed those,

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to pin this :) If it comes from the Hershey's site, then is definitely a good one! I love Hershey chocolate :) I specially love their sugarless cocoa, I have used it a lot in the past in several baked goods and desserts :) By the way, I'd not use the icing either, brownies are already too sweet ;) But I must admit I'd love to try icing mine at least once ;)

Reaction score
I have them in the oven Diane ;) I assume this is late in the game,to ask if you measure butter in a Pyrex glass or use the metal cup ? :) I went with the Pyrex glass,measure powders and such in the metal measuring cups and liquids in the Pyrex glass ? right ? I will know if it has enough butter or not in about 10 minutes with a cool down lol

and I done all that stirring with a perfectly good Kitchen Aid stand mixer staring me in the face :)

Reaction score
ut oh I used the wrong size baking pan,it has blown up to cake size in the casserole dish :) and not even close to being done in the middle

this is just wrong lol I should have used more pans or cut it in half,it does smell awful good so it should be edible

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Reaction score
I usually buy the individually packaged sticks of butter, and the wrappers have the measurements on them. Barring that, if I'm melting the butter, I use a glass cup, so I can see through it. Sometimes it's harder to see the markings on the metal cups, but I do have and use those sometimes, as well. @justme4910 what size pan were you using? It shouldn't have been that tall. I hope your batch came out delicious!

Reaction score
I always bake brownies from scratch during Christmas because I am giving this as my gift for the holiday to my family, relatives and friends. I am baking a lot of this with different varieties of toppings like marshmallow, peanuts, cashew nuts, chocolate chips or M&M chocolates and chocolate frosting then put them into a box and just wrap it with a very nice packaging. But I am not using a Hershey brand of cocoa because it is expensive here in our place. Maybe if I will try using this brand I know that my brownies will taste more delicious because Hershey chocolate taste good. Thank you for sharing this recipe and I will surely try this version this coming Christmas.

Ask a Question