Hi all! =)

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, but I've enjoyed baking for several years! I recently started looking into making my own recipes, and was curious about what other bakers do, so I started looking around for a community to join! I lurked around a couple of places, but this one seemed to hold the best people. And you're all so creative! I hope I can become half as talented as you all are. My main love is cookies, but I'm also fond of cupcakes. I do enjoy making boxed mixes, but adding my own thing to them (chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanut butter, etc.). Now I want to branch out and see about doing stuff from scratch.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm very excited about being here, and becoming a more creative baker! =)

Reaction score
Howdy and welcome! I like to think you made a good decision joining us! Everyone here is super friendly and we all share our love of all things baked! We have people here that range from professionals to hobbyists to occasional bakers and everywhere in between, and we all learn from one another!

Glad to have you with us! :)

Reaction score
Hi there! Love the picture of that cat :D Is it yours? That black patch looks like a mustache :3 I'm also a cat owner :) Anyways, back to topic: Welcome to the forum :) It's always nice to meet another baking and cat enthusiast, all in one :)

Reaction score
Another cat lover???? Maybe Becky needs to change this site to "Cats and Baking Forums", LOL.

HOWDY!
Or should I say, "MEOW"!
Cooking-400x400.jpg

I too use box mixes sometimes. I usually use them as my base batter and then alter them according to what it is I want made. It's not hard to do.

:D;)

Reaction score
Oh, I'm a huge cat fan. And yes, this is my furbaby. =) Her name is Zipper!!

ChesterV, how do you alter the box mixes without completely throwing something off?! That's magic right there...

I attempted almond cupcakes on Saturday. They were super tasty, but a little more dense than they should have been. Not bad, overall, for the first time, I think. Work people and friends seemed to enjoy them. Just need to figure out what I did so they'll be less dense next time. They had more of a corn muffin texture. Soft, not grainy, but thicker.

The first attempt at vanilla butter cream was also a success! Tad bit grainy, but after being in the cupcake caddy, the granules seemed to have melted so no one knew. =P

Love baking and kitties!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads