Hi all

Reaction score
Hopefully I will get some help and input for some of my ideas. My quest for information started with Dominoes. I work at Arizona State University as a plumber. For many years in the foyer of Physical Science F wing there has been on display a photo created out of dominoes of Albert Einstein. It has always captured my attention when I would go in to do some nasty plumbing task. After actually reading the fine print on the display card there was a website mentioned. So, I found the website and found a layout of the dominoes. I needed 5 sets of double nine dominoes to recreate Albert for myself. I bought some sets of dominoes cheap on ebay but found their physical size varies from set to set and that really sucks!
So...One of the things I do for fun is resin casting. I make 1:25 /1:24 scale model car parts and sell them for decent money. I take a original part, create a silicone mold and then I can just make lots of parts. Unlike a rabbit I can make them pretty quickly. OK, so I chose a set and made my own molds.
I purchase my resin and silicone products from Reynolds Advanced Materials. There just happens to be a store in Tempe close to my work where I can just buy my products fresh off the shelf. They host classes using their products. If you ever wanted to do yourself up as a alien or somebody with gaping cuts and flesh wounds they will show you how to do it. I think it is called life casting. They also sell food grade silicone. Well...How about that! So, after doing some searching on the possibility of being able to take a photo and hopefully having it turned into a domino layout. I found a guy named Robert Bosch. He is at Oberlin college in Ohio. He creates Domino photos. I found a program called N E O S. It is some kind of computer domino solver. It alleges that you can upload a photo and it will spit out a layout of how the dominoes need to be arranged to create a photo.
My equation is food grade silicone plus desired photo equals dark chocolate dominoes that create a picture and it becomes edible art. Ok, So I made domino molds out of food grade silicone. I call my idea "DOTS OF JOY" I found that I can buy a empty pump marker from MOLOTOW. I just need to create a white edible ink to make the dots. This could be better than a photo cake. I'm really thinking of being able to pour carob, a healthy alternative to chocolate. Dominoes out of black licorice might be good too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads