Hi from Canada!

Reaction score
Just came across this Forum and look forward to picking the brains of all you excellent bakers! Hopefully, I can contribute a bit myself. Just put a batch of Honeymoon bars in the oven.

Reaction score
Hey there @Diat60 and welcome to the forums!

Haven't heard of Honeymoon bars before - but if you want to share the recipe with us that would be awesome!

Can't wait to see your posts!

Reaction score
Hello there, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum :) I really hope you enjoy your stay! We have a community full of really nice and helpful people, so whenever in doubt, please don't hesitate to make any kind of questions! This forum caters to bakers of all levels! Doesn't matter if you are just starting or if you are a pro, this place is great :)

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to Baking Forums! You had came to the right forum and you will surely learn a lot of things here when it comes to baking. Enjoy posting and sharing your ideas too! :)

Reaction score
Hello and welcome aboard! Great to have you here :)

I've never heard of honeymoon bars before, what are they?

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice words of welcome! Honeymoon bars probably go under a number of names. They're a shortbread base, baked, then topped with walnuts and raisins in beaten egg, brown sugar, a bit of flour, etc. and baked again. Butterscotch bars? I'm sure you all know them, but I'd be glad to give you a recipe if you like.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice words of welcome! Honeymoon bars probably go under a number of names. They're a shortbread base, baked, then topped with walnuts and raisins in beaten egg, brown sugar, a bit of flour, etc. and baked again. Butterscotch bars? I'm sure you all know them, but I'd be glad to give you a recipe if you like.

They sound lovely, if you've got a recipe then feel free to share it :)

Reaction score
I've put a recipe for the Honeymoon bars in the "Cookies" forum, if anyone is interested.

Ask a Question