Hi from Edinburgh

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m a home baker in Edinburgh just starting out my home baking company :)

I look forward to having a chance to hear all of your stories and chat on the forum!

Laura

Reaction score
Welcome!

I, too, am in the very early stages of my experiment in being a professional home baker—if there is such a thing.

Reaction score
Welcome!

I, too, am in the very early stages of my experiment in being a professional home baker—if there is such a thing.
That’s great that you are starting your own baking business too! How have you found it so far? The marketing side and building customers is so hard.

Reaction score
I’m currently eating or giving away most of what I bake—-mainly because the few customers I have don’t buy as often as I like to bake. My strongest suit is my bread baking; but, there aren’t nearly enough people in my largely-rural area who understand what real bread is. As I perfect my pastry fame, I should be able to expand my customer base; everyone around here loves sweets. If I had any interest in baking cupcakes, I would have a much broader reach. But, I generally don’t like cupcakes and, therefore, don’t want to bake them.

it’ll be fun introducing Southern country folk to Old World-type baking. I’m confident that there are plenty who will welcome it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads