Hi from everyone at knibl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've just joined your wonderful forum to learn more about baking and it's making me smile already. Pink highlighting, of course!

I head up a team that is teaching a computer called knibl - nibble - how to cook. It's not as intimidating as it seems. In fact, we spend most of our time simplifying the process for cooks both novice and proficient.

We started by teaching knibl how to bake.

Baking is exact, quite linear and consequently easier for a computer to understand. Also, because baking is a good starting point for cooks.

We think baking is a bit like gifting flowers; you do it for others. After all you can't eat a whole cake. You need friends and that's a good place to start to understand cooking.

Finally, we taught knibl to bake because the world is in lockdown and we thought we'd try and do our little bit to help keep everyone sane.

Anyway, I hope me and knibl are accepted and remain members for a long time and if there's anything we can do for you all then just tell me.

I'm looking forward to meeting and engaging with everyone.

Thanks,

ky & knibl

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've just joined your wonderful forum to learn more about baking and it's making me smile already. Pink highlighting, of course!

I head up a team that is teaching a computer called knibl - nibble - how to cook. It's not as intimidating as it seems. In fact, we spend most of our time simplifying the process for cooks both novice and proficient.

We started by teaching knibl how to bake.

Baking is exact, quite linear and consequently easier for a computer to understand. Also, because baking is a good starting point for cooks.

We think baking is a bit like gifting flowers; you do it for others. After all you can't eat a whole cake. You need friends and that's a good place to start to understand cooking.

Finally, we taught knibl to bake because the world is in lockdown and we thought we'd try and do our little bit to help keep everyone sane.

Anyway, I hope me and knibl are accepted and remain members for a long time and if there's anything we can do for you all then just tell me.

I'm looking forward to meeting and engaging with everyone.

Thanks,

ky & knibl

Welcome to the forum.
Yes baking is exact. It’s not thought of as a science, but it really is.

Ask a Question