Hi!

Reaction score
I'm a 27-yr-old data analyst that has spent a lifetime in love with baking (I like to cook...but my baking is much better!). My favorite recipes are very serious hand-crafted gourmet treats, but for the most part, I make much more simple treats because 1. my friends can get them more often this way and 2. it never hurts losing practice making the basics, right?

I think the best part of baking is the happiness it brings the folks getting to sample the goods. It truly delights me to see people get weak in the knees trying my cakes or pies. An equally important of baking, though, is that virtually no celebration is complete without a baked treat; you get to provide instant-celebrations from your oven!

I look forward to learning new recipes and techniques, as well as sharing what I know. I love to help and I love to try new things, so I cannot wait to venture into the entirety of this forum!

If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer. It's nice meeting you all!

Reaction score
Welcome, MakeYouABaker...and thanks for that beautiful description! You use words well! I agree that it's such a pleasure to treat other folks with the things I make in the kitchen....whether that be "regular" food or baked treats. I also simply love the idea of creating something when it turns out as planned and having something from "nothing".

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words and warm welcome! I agree; the idea of something from nothing is so sacred to cooking. I work in the chemical industry and we get a real kick out of considering "chemical reactions that changed the world." The most valuable reaction we usually come back to is leavened bread! Of all the wonders of the natural and chemical world, we find that milestone in baking to be among the most important.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads