High Protein Bagel

Reaction score
I like the texture bagels have, slighty tough and more of a chew to them.

The following recipe isn't zero carb but is lower carb than normal and packed full of protein.

• 130g Greek Yogurt (I use fat free Fage brand)
  • Whole grain flour
  • Sultanas
  • Splenda

Spoon out all of the yogurt into a bowl and mix in 4 table spoons of flour.
Add the sultanas and 4 tea spoons of splenda.
Don't handle it as it's too sticky, just keep using a spoon.
Keep adding one table spoon of flour at a time until the mixture becomes dough like.
Once it is firm enough to handle, start rolling it about in your hands and give it a good handling.

Get the oven heated to 200 degrees.

Shape the dough however you like - be aware that it will rise in the oven so if you want a ring, make it a big ring!

Place the dough on some greased paper and leave in the middle shelf no less than 20 minutes.
After that time, keep checking that it's as crusty and solid as you like (tap the bottom or give it a stab).

I like my sweet bagels which is why this one has sultanas and splenda added but I have used rosemary, thyme & garlic before which smelt and tasted wonderful.

Reaction score
This sounds very tasty, have you also considered adding some onion rings to this combination, I think it would add a lot to the overall flavor. I would also think about adding olives as I had not met anyone that dislikes olives in bread so far.

Ask a Question