Hobbies other than baking

Reaction score
What sort of things does everyone do outside of baking and cooking in general? My other interests are art and writing. I also have a fondness for making origami! Basically, I tend to like hobbies that keep my hands busy so it doesn't feel as if I've wasted my free time.

Reaction score
I took up running a couple of years ago for exercise and endurance and actually ended up liking it! I also enjoy scrapbooking, though I've been on a months' long hiatus from that. :( I've always loved to read and I like to express myself in writing as well. I love puttering in my flower beds and am a back yard bird watcher.

Reaction score
I love reading books. I think in this digital age there are a lot less people reading books but I still love it like I always did. I like to long walks or ride my bike when the weather is nice. I am not creative at all so I don't have hobbies like origami or drawing. I wish I was though, seems like everyone in my family is except me.

Reaction score
In the summer, I love working out in the garden and the yard, and I even enjoy weed eating . I like growing my own veggies, and then using them fresh out of the garden when preparing a salad, or for dinner.
I am learning how to identify the wild edibles that grow in the meadow around the house, and especially like the YouTube videos by Green Dean, from Eat the Weeds.com.

Reaction score
Other hobbies besides baking are I love to write a variety of things as well as read books. I'm a huge movie buff as well whether that's online, in the theater or a good TV movie from time to time. In addition to that I also enjoy working out, and living a vegetarian lifestyle.

Reaction score
I love to do some scrapbooking and decoupage, i usualy make some nice presents for all my friens and family's for their birthday's!!

Reaction score
We've got a few gardeners in here, then. I've always wanted to start gardening because I'd love to grow some of the foods I like but I can't even keep a cactus alive. Seriously, that takes a special kind of inability to care for plants.

I love puttering in my flower beds and am a back yard bird watcher.
I love birdwatching! It's tough recently since it's been near boiling point temperatures for a while, though.

Reaction score
I love watching the birds also, and we have some bird feeders out for them, so they come right up close to the house.
Polar, even if you can't grow plants, or have a garden, I am sure that you can grow sprouts. All you need is a quart jar, and a piece of cheesecloth, or something similar to strain the water out. Then you just rinse the seeds out 2-3 times a day until they are sprouted enough for you to eat. This is usually about three days, so it is a fast crop from jar to table.
Sprouts have about 40 times the vitamins as the seeds have, so they are extremely healthy, and wonderful to add to your salads.

Reaction score
I have a few other things that I also like to do when I am not cooking and baking. Some of these things are, gardening, reading, writing to name a few. I love writing but I have had writers block for awhile now :), I also love spending time with my family going to the mountains or parks etc.....:)

Reaction score
I watch anime, I like DIY projects and repainting old furniture, I like art and writing, I love to send snail mail and mail art. I think sending handwritten letters in the mail is a dying art and I think it's nice for the recipient to get something in the mail besides bills.

Reaction score
I have a few other things that I also like to do when I am not cooking and baking. Some of these things are, gardening, reading, writing to name a few. I love writing but I have had writers block for awhile now :), I also love spending time with my family going to the mountains or parks etc.....:)

Dorothy what type of stuff do you write?

Reaction score
Polar, even if you can't grow plants, or have a garden, I am sure that you can grow sprouts. All you need is a quart jar, and a piece of cheesecloth, or something similar to strain the water out. Then you just rinse the seeds out 2-3 times a day until they are sprouted enough for you to eat. This is usually about three days, so it is a fast crop from jar to table.
Sprouts have about 40 times the vitamins as the seeds have, so they are extremely healthy, and wonderful to add to your salads.

I'll definitely have to give this a shot! Sounds like something even I couldn't mess up, haha. Thanks a bunch!
I watch anime, I like DIY projects and repainting old furniture, I like art and writing, I love to send snail mail and mail art. I think sending handwritten letters in the mail is a dying art and I think it's nice for the recipient to get something in the mail besides bills.
What series are you into? Actually, I haven't had the energy to watch anything recent ... I love sending mail! It's really is becoming a lost art form. I really need to find a penpal. It's really nice finding something handwritten in your mailbox that someone took the time to write for you.

Reaction score
Hobbies are so lovely. I enjoy a couple of things to keep me busy. Like gardening, reading, watching movies, DIY of all kinds - Making homemade things is always fun and can be a money saver.

Reaction score
I'll definitely have to give this a shot! Sounds like something even I couldn't mess up, haha. Thanks a bunch!
What series are you into? Actually, I haven't had the energy to watch anything recent ... I love sending mail! It's really is becoming a lost art form. I really need to find a penpal. It's really nice finding something handwritten in your mailbox that someone took the time to write for you.

Because I'm apartment hunting this summer, I haven't watched as much anime as I usually do. The last series I watched was Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, which has an amazing EDM soundtrack by Teddyloid. I also rewatched Black Butler because I think Sebastian the butler is hot. My daughter watches Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni AKA When They Cry. I liked Rideback and wish those mechas existed in real life.

Reaction score

I'm apartment hunting this summer, but when I find a place, I could be one of your pen pals. I think it's a positive hobby to have. My last pen pal was a young Japanese lady in her 20's in Yokohama. I think it was educational for both of us to write back and forth, and it was fun.

Reaction score
My hobbies other than baking is writing, blogging, social networking, and making money online. Other than that, I love going swimming every day since, I live near the beach. I enjoy scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, and jet skiing with my boyfriend. :p

Reaction score
I'm apartment hunting this summer, but when I find a place, I could be one of your pen pals. I think it's a positive hobby to have. My last pen pal was a young Japanese lady in her 20's in Yokohama. I think it was educational for both of us to write back and forth, and it was fun.

Ah, awesome! I'll consider that! I can't say I'd be that interesting of a penpal, though.

My hobbies other than baking is writing, blogging, social networking, and making money online. Other than that, I love going swimming every day since, I live near the beach. I enjoy scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, and jet skiing with my boyfriend. :p

Ooh, I wish I lived near the beach. I'd be out there all the time. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Reaction score
Dorothy what type of stuff do you write?

I like to write poems every now and again. I also like to blog whether it me current events, or topics on other subjects. I haven't been doing much of either lately because I have been so busy, but I am looking to get back into it really soon.

Reaction score
I like to write poems every now and again. I also like to blog whether it me current events, or topics on other subjects. I haven't been doing much of either lately because I have been so busy, but I am looking to get back into it really soon.

That sounds like a wonderful hobby. I admire people that can write poems. I wish you luck with getting back to your blogging. I have a blog that I've been neglecting for ages.
It never seems like I have time to work on it.

Reaction score
That sounds like a wonderful hobby. I admire people that can write poems. I wish you luck with getting back to your blogging. I have a blog that I've been neglecting for ages.
It never seems like I have time to work on it.

Thank you.I feel the same way like three is just not enough time to get to everything. I've been writing poems since I was a kid, now some of my kids have also picked up this hobby as well and are pretty good at it.

Ask a Question