Holiday baking responsibility?

Reaction score
Are you the only one in your house responsible for the holiday baking, or does anyone else help with it? Do you prefer to do it alone?

Reaction score
My sister and I do all the holiday baking for dessert. My mom does the ham and turkey. I prefer to make the cakes, while she makes the cookies. It is always nice when her kids can come help out because we usually throw big holiday parties with a lot of guests.

Reaction score
There's not really a "Responsibility" as much as "do it if you like or if you don't that's fine too". Many people in my fiancé's family likes to bake so we usually just bake when we're together or even when we're alone, and just swap recipes when we get together :)

If it's between my fiancé and myself though it's definitely me. He doesn't bake as much haha.

Reaction score
I am the one in my home with this responsibilty and the kids help too from time to time. I have a 7 and a 13 year old and they will join in on the fun. Sometimes I just like to do it myself as it gets a little stressful when there are too many cooks in the kitchen. I hope that does not make me a bad parent :)

Reaction score
It's good that some of you have help at least ;), my husband's family likes to bake a lot more than mine, so it really depends where we're celebrating as to how much my husband and I are taking on all on our own. My 10 year old likes to help as well, and I don't think it makes you bad parent to want to do it yourself...if you want it done right and with no hassle.... ;)

Reaction score
I really don't think i could manage if i should take on all the responsibilities that came with holiday baking; luckily for me my hubby and children will assist me from time to time even though at times i have to coax them into doing it.

Reaction score
I wish I had! But by the time Christmas rolled in, my German mother-in-law who I'm temporarily living with had baked so many cookies and lebkuchen and cakes that it seemed like folly to bake something else on top of that!

Ask a Question